Not OK anymore

Now I'm back in OK after 10 years on the left coast, but I'm still not 'OK'...we'll see how life in the middle of the country treats us. Keep checking for life updates and musings...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Is It Hot In Here Or Is It Just Me?

One thing that irks me more than anything is when people overly politicize issues. A prime example of this can be found in the Boston Globe: Turf wars heat up: grass vs. synthetic. All the rage right now is about global warming. Given, Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" is a pretty compelling documentary. However, I'm not ready to hold my breath and ask all humans to do so when walking outside so we don't exhale greenhouse gases. This story is about a battle between local high schools and opponents regarding the field on which sports teams will play their games. The high schools want to switch to the trendy sports turf that so many other pro/college/high schools/ and Texas grade schools are switching to.

The opponents, obviously not getting enough traction or support have brought in the 10 ton guerrilla to the argument...Global Warming...dun dun dunnnnnnn. They claim that artificial fields will actually lead to global warming because the temperatures on artificial fields are much warmer than grass fields, thus deflecting higher temps into the atmosphere! Now I do not need to overstate my opinion here as I know most of my readers are on the same page (recycled paper, just to clarify) with me. What the heck does global warming have to do with playing high school football? Where will its reach end? If the sacred grid iron isn't safe neither are we. O.k. talk amongst yourselves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home