Not OK anymore

Now I'm back in OK after 10 years on the left coast, but I'm still not 'OK'...we'll see how life in the middle of the country treats us. Keep checking for life updates and musings...

Friday, April 21, 2006

Week Three

Two complete weeks have gone by so fast! Caleb is now over 8.5 pounds (based on my rough estimates by getting on the scale, getting off, then holding him on the scale. Next Wednesday, we go to the pediatrician for his check up so we will know for sure. We can see growth already, which is a little crazy! Tara says he is growing up too fast :)

We think he has his Grandpa Mize's hands/fingers. This shot shows Grandpa Durne, Uncle Colin, and Caleb's hands. See a resemblance? I still think he has Tara's eyes, my nose, and the Houston mouth. More and more people are saying he looks like me, but I don't quite see that yet. He is too cute! As for the hands, he has REALLY long fingers. I keep telling him that someday, uncle Bryan will have to give him piano lessons with those hands!

New pics have been uploaded to the photo album on the left. I will try to upload at least once a week, as well as give weekly updates on Caleb and all of us as we progress.

He is sleeping well...two nights ago he fed at midnight and 6 a.m. Last night he fed at 12, 2:30, 4:30, 7:30. So it is back and forth. Pretty much though he is on a three hour schedule. It makes the days go by SUPER fast! We are getting out though. Last night, we went out one last time with Tara's student staff for desert. Today, Tara and I went to Malibu and walked around the shops for an hour or so. Tara is doing great. It is going to be hard for her to 'rest' for 4-6 weeks! We see her doctor on Tuesday so maybe she is progressing better than the curve. No pain, plenty of energy, but so far she is being really good. We will have to see, though, now that we have one full week to ourselves before the Houston's arrive, next Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home