Not OK anymore

Now I'm back in OK after 10 years on the left coast, but I'm still not 'OK'...we'll see how life in the middle of the country treats us. Keep checking for life updates and musings...

Friday, March 03, 2006

Oh, the life we have!

For those of you that have been here, Malibu is unlike most anywhere else in the world! On many levels, Tara and I are stunned at times. Today is really no different. We woke up to a light rain, which is respite to our sunny weather (yes Brian, that was for you). Then I began reading a follow up article about an amazing car crash from last week.

Investigation Into Ferrari Crash On PCH Delivers Twists, Turns

This story is intriguing on a number of levels. One, it took place a few miles from campus, and I actually had students telling me that their parents were calling them asking if they and their friends were o.k. Now this sounds normal, but remember the car that crashed (in a single car accident) was a 1 million dollar vehicle! If my parents read a story about a used BMW crashing, they wouldn't even bat an eye thinking it involved Tara and I! Now if it was a 1970 Ford Bronco, people might be worried...but it can't really go 60 m.p.h. down hill with the wind! :)

Secondly, from the link you can see pics and see that the car was split in half! The only guy from the scene walked away with a busted lip and some bruises. 160 miles per hour, crashing into a pole, severing your car in half, and a bloody lip and a bruise? Again, CRAZY!

Then this story comes out today, and as it says, it reads like a James Bond story. Talk about weird! One question though...we watch CSI and it doesn't take them a week or two to compare the cotton swab of the mouth with the blood found at the scene. What are the investigators here doing? Oh I guess, they spend half their day at the beach or something like that!

All in all, another shallow day in the 'Bu. It is Spring Break for us, so we needed some excitement!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...thinking it involved Tara and I!"
Sorry Michael, but I believe the proper usage would be ..."Tara and me!".

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home