Not OK anymore

Now I'm back in OK after 10 years on the left coast, but I'm still not 'OK'...we'll see how life in the middle of the country treats us. Keep checking for life updates and musings...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Beginning Week 36

This is it...one month to go. A student was asking me tonight how fast it was going, and I said that I felt February was a little long, but I can't believe how fast March is! Truly, this first week of March has flown by. Tara and I are getting the finishing touches done which include purchasing the infant carrier/car seat! Now I have to figure out how to secure it to the roof the safest way possible. Studies show that over 90% of car seats are installed incorrectly, but I saw some special securing fasteners and holes on our roof that should make it pretty simple, I hope!

We are also entering the baby shower bonanza! Two this weekend, with one, maybe two more to come! Craziness I tell ya. Again, in case you haven't checked and are dying to get us something, we are registered at babies-r-us. I'm actually excited to get some of the stuff we registered for! Some of it, though, looks like a lot of work :)

And no Houston pregnancy would be complete without the baby pool!! Yep, that's right it would not be March Madness without it! Simply click the link and type in the name of our pool in the left hand column which is: watchoutworld (with no spaces), and happy picking! It's free, but I do ask that you refrain from wagering, unless you include me. For those of you who don't know, I'll save you some shame in that we are having a boy (at least 2 ultrasounds have made that pretty conclusive). However, if you still want to pick the girl option it is your constitutional right...but it is also mine to make fun of you for doing so (after our boy is born of course)! Also the due date is April 12th, or 34 days away! YIKES!!! Me liking competition and all, there may or may not be some prize for the winner...we'll have to wait and see when that rolls around.

All in all, we are doing great. Tara is still getting bigger, starting to ache more, and waking up more at night. However, still, this pregnancy has been a GREAT ONE! She will kill me for saying this because she doesn't want me to jinx it and us (or her) have an 82 hour labor or something! We have been blessed and are anxiously looking forward to this birth. It is bound to be filled with joy, pain, excitement, and exhaustion to name a few.

Until next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home