Not OK anymore

Now I'm back in OK after 10 years on the left coast, but I'm still not 'OK'...we'll see how life in the middle of the country treats us. Keep checking for life updates and musings...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

12 Weeks But Not 3 Months Just Yet

Thursday, June 29th brings a momentous occasion in the family Houston. Not only does Caleb begin to leave the newborn 'faze' and turn 12 weeks old, but we leave for our first family vacation! At approx. 8:30 a.m. tomorrow we will embark for LAX and at 11:30 a.m. (I'm already crossing my fingers) Tara, Caleb and I will board a plane bound eventually for Denver, CO. Honestly I am probably more anxious about the Thursday than anything else relating to Caleb since his birth.

You all have been there...on the crowded plane with the baby screaming. Given, it isn't normal for Caleb to cry or scream, but flying at 30,000 feet is far from normal. We have been given all the tips and hints at how to help it be smooth, but until we level out at our cruising altitude, I will be a little nervous. Now I know that there isn't much we can do if he decides to 'use his words' at takeoff, and I shouldn't be worried about what the other passengers are thinking, but I'm still anxious.

I am extremely excited though about the fact that once the plane ride is over, we will be spending 10 days in beautiful Summit county CO at our Condo! We love it there and it is such a nice break from the norm. The mountains are so peaceful and it will be great to have both Tara's and my parents visit, along with my sister and brother in law, possibly an uncle and aunt on my mom's side, and see some good friends in Denver.

By the way, there are a few new pics on the left in the photo album. Also be sure to check back soon for updates and pics from the trip. Either way, screaming or not, we will arrive in Denver, Lord willing, Thursday afternoon, and for ten days slow down, take in some hikes and the crisp Rocky Mountain air, and enjoy life without any plans. I LOVE VACATIONS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home